The mission of the Friends of the Allan Hancock College Library is to enhance existing and planned library resources and programs, and to serve as partners in fostering appreciation for the library.
The Friends of the AHC Library was formed in spring 2000 as part of the Allan Hancock College Foundation. Its purpose is to support library collections, facilities and services.
Why be a Friend?
Benefits to You
- Community borrower library card
- Research assistance by reference librarians
- Invitations to book sales and special events
Benefits to the Library
- Provides vital ongoing support for the AHC Library. The funds raised through contributions, membership dues, and special events enable the library to expand the educational resources offered to students and the community.
The primary goal of the Friends is to raise funds for materials, projects, and services that exceed the resources of the library budget. Other goals include:
- Fostering enthusiasm for the library and strengthening ties to the community.
- Encouraging bequests and gifts to the library.
- Sponsoring special events and programs that enhance the awareness of the library.
- Supporting the literary works of students, faculty, and staff of Allan Hancock College.
Membership in the Friends of the Allan Hancock College Library is open to individuals 18 years of age or older for a tax deductible donation of $25 or more annually.
The "Membership Opportunites" page identifies the levels of membership and an application can be downloaded. For more information about membership, please contact the library at 805-922-6922, ext. 3324, or email email@example.com.
Important Friends Dates
Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013: Our Veterans: Voices and ViewsLunch 'N Learn in library lobby 12:30 - 1:30 PM. Hosted by Dr. Roger Welt, former AHC VP of Student Services and Vietnam veteran.
Wednesday, Nov 20, 2013: Islam – Beginning the ConversationUsing film and discussion Gary Bierly, AHC Professor of Philosophy, will help us begin to see the Muslim world – both ancient and modern.
Thursday, Dec 5, 2013: Friends of the Library Steering Committee MeetingMonthly meeting