Citing your sources is important for many reasons:
- If your reader wants more information on your topic, they know where to go to find it.
- You give credit to where an idea came from.
- Your arguments are more believable.
- You can show the variety of sources used in your research.
- It helps you avoid plagiarism.
- It is required by college instructors.
View the American Psychological Association's tutorial to help you with the "Basics of APA Style!"
University APA Style Pages
Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL): This resource, revised according to the 6th edition of the APA manual, offers examples for the general format of APA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the reference page.
Ohio State University: APA Citation Guide: This guide is based on the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition (2010).
Kent State University Libraries: APA Cheat Sheet!